In this guide – I will show you how to take a brand new Etsy store and bring in sales. Everything is authentic, real, and easily repeatable.
We made Podify in the hope that online entrepreneurs from all over the world will be able to make sizable incomes with our app.
Nothing makes the Podify team happier than to see another successful merchant bring in consistent sales and write to us how they were able to increase their monthly budget, get out of debt, and even quit their jobs all thanks to Podify!
Making money online sure sounds nice. How cool is it that money is flowing into your bank account 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and you never even have to get out of your pajamas?
This has been the dream for millions of people since the dawn of the Internet. Unfortunately the Internet of the day is more competitive and crowded than ever. But the tools and platforms of today make it easier than ever to start a real online business.
Why is Print on Demand one of the best ways to make money online in 2021?
- People have always bought personalized products and the trend has been consistently going up each year since forever. This is a trend that will never go away
- An online store is a completely legitimate business. There are many ways to make money online, but money require luck, fraud, or are too risky to be considered a real business. With Podify you can build your own fully brandable, real business that customers will come back to for years. This is a business that can last!
- People love unique items they cannot find on Amazon or at the mall. Amazon will probably continue getting bigger and gobble it more eCommerce competition. That’s ok – fortunately as of 2021 they hardly have hit the POD realm.
In this post I will show you step-by-step how to make your first sale online. This system has been tested 100s of times and almost every time it has brought in sales.
I can’t promise this will make you filthy rich.
I can’t even promise you will turn a profit.
But I can say with near certainty if you follow these instructions you will get your first sale. And if you’ve yet to receive your first sale, it is a really good feeling.
And if you work hard really hard, you will learn how to make a sale every single day. And then 5 sales a day. And maybe even 20 sales a day. And so on…
What platform is best to get started?
Many first time sellers start out on Etsy, Amazon, eBay or another giant platform.
This is a fine option for newbies but there are a few reasons why we recommend to NOT start on these channels:
- Competition is intense. There are over 2.5 million sellers just on Etsy. The chance to stand out is very, very difficult. It’s not impossible but will be difficult to make serious money. It will be difficult to get sales and if you do get sales it will be very hard to profit due to price cutting. You are going to work really hard for maybe a cup of coffee.
- Fees are very high. These platforms can take as high as 15% off the final price as commission. So not only will you receive a small amount of money, a lot of it will go straight to Etsy’s/Amazon’s/Ebay’s already very deep pockets
- Flexibility is limited. You are bind to the platforms capabilities. Not all of them are friendly to POD sellers
- It will be hard to build a brand, market to your audience, and do things the “right” way.
Building a standalone .com website will take more time but the potential is much greater. You will build an asset that can grow in value for years. You have greater control over your destiny and not let Etsy algorithms decide your success.
We recommend either:
So before we even begin with Podify we need to decide what product(s) to sell. This is the key question here and this is where we need to spend most of our time. If we pick successfully, the rest of the business will be easy. If we are not successful we lose a ton of time and money. We will also get frustrated and maybe give up. So let’s really look into product selection first. Spend on it a full waking day if you need to. Or even a week. The important thing is to do it correctly.
So what do I mean by selecting the right product? Ideally we want a product that:
- Has a significant amount of searches. A popular product
- Has fairly low competition
- Can be resold for significant profit
If our product does not tick the above 3 requirements we are wasting our time.
And again, it may take time to find the right product. It may be really boring. I know you are super excited to make some $$$. But it is the most important thing you can do to maximize your potential.
So now that we have our criteria, let’s go look for our potential winner.
Criteria 1: Finding a popular product
Out of all the criteria this is a bit tricky. But let’s see what we can do
Criteria 2: Low competition
Criteria 3: Can be resold significant profit
How much can you profit here after all costs are considered?
Can you make $5? $10? $20?
Choosing between Personalized or Pre designed
C are searching for 2 types of products:
- Personalized products with the customers image. You give a blank canvas or template. Customer completes the product with their image / name.
- Pre-designed products. You offer the finished product with your own artwork.
Both have their strengths and weaknesses.
For personalized products you are more likely to have less competition and can be more creative. But you will have to correspond back and forth maybe across multiple messages. And you risk the customer not being happy with their purchase due to bad artwork or the picture not printing the way they want.
For predesigned products the process is a lot easier. You upload products with your artwork. Customers buy the product as is with no further modifications. The downside is there is much more competition and it may be difficult to know which artwork will catch. Because Etsy charges per listing we can’t go too crazy here.